Why should I choose a Solar Blind?
VELUX solar powered blinds are a perfect match for VELUX manually operated roof windows and for VELUX INTEGRA® solar powered roof windows.
As the blind comes with a remote control and has a battery that is charged by the sun, it is also ideal for windows that are hard to reach or where you want to adjust the incoming light often enough for a more relaxed experience.
VELUX solar powered blinds can be charged using daylight and sunlight so are suitable for most areas of the home. There is no wiring required with the solar blind install. .
Please note that no direct sunshine is required for the battery to charge and they work perfectly on North-facing roofs, even if it is often overcast.
Additional information and things to be considered when thinking about purchasing solar powered blinds
When thinking about purchasing a solar powered blind, there are several factors you may want to consider.
- Only genuine VELUX blinds are available with remote control operation. All Itzala blinds are manually operated.
- Combining an external blind product with an internal Solar blind is not recommended as it may block the solar panel, meaning the internal blind would not work correctly.
- The solar powered blind is powered by an energy-saving, solar-rechargeable battery, which is good for up to 600 operations even if there is no sun for recharging. Solar and Electric operated blinds are compatible with VELUX Active.
- Non-manual blinds are available in multiple versions:
- VELUX Blackout Roller Blinds and VELUX Blackout Energy Pleated Blinds are available in electrically operated or solar powered versions
- VELUX Translucent Roller Blinds are available in electrically operated or solar powered versions
- VELUX Anti-Heat Awning blinds are available in electrically operated or solar powered versions
- VELUX Translucent Pleated blinds are available in electrically operated versions only.
- VELUX Soft Shutters are available in solar powered versions only.
VELUX Duo Blackout Roller blinds, Venetian blinds and VELUX Insect screens are only available in a manually operated version.
Please note that a ZOZ 228 installation kit is required for the installation of solar and electric operated awning blinds, for VELUX INTEGRA® windows produced before May 2000.
In this short video you can quickly learn about VELUX blinds potential: