Why to use solar powered blinds?
VELUX solar powered blinds are a perfect match for VELUX manually operated roof windows and for VELUX INTEGRA® solar powered roof windows.
As the blind comes with a remote control and has a battery that is charged by the sun, it is also ideal for windows that are hard to reach or where you want to adjust the incoming light often.
Also there is no wiring needed.
Additional information and things to be considered when thinking about purchasing solar powered blinds
When thinking about purchasing a non-manual blind, there are a number of factors you may want to consider.
1. Only genuine VELUX blinds are available with remote control operation. All Itzala blinds are manually operated.
2. Remotelly controlled VELUX blinds are available in an electrically operated or solar operated version. Both are very practical as they allow you to adjust the blinds placement with ease, putting complete daylight control right at your fingertips. Remote control blinds are highly recommended for windows that are out-of-reach, in an extension or high up in a loft, and for windows where you expect to adjust the position of the blind often.
3. Electrically operated blinds easily fit VELUX INTEGRA® electric roof windows, otherwise additional control system KUX 100 has to be used. Solar powered blinds fit all manually operated VELUX roof windows and also all solar powered VELUX INTEGRA® roof windows.
4. Both types of blinds are remote controlled, but can, apart from the tilting feature on the electrically operated VELUX venetian blind, also be manually operated. The remote control for the electrically operated blind is battery powered. The solar powered blind is powered by an energy-saving, solar-rechargable battery, which is good for up to 600 operations even if there is no sun for recharging. Electrically operated blinds are also available with io-homecontrol® for intelligent features, such as scheduling.
5. Non-manual blinds are available in multiple versions:
- Blackout blinds and Blackout energy blinds are available in electrically operated or solar powered versions
- Roller blinds are available in electrically operated or solar powered versions
- Awning blinds are available in electrically operated or solar powered versions
- Roller shutters are available in electrically operated or solar powered versions
Pleated blinds, Duo blackout blinds, Venetian blinds, Roman blinds, Insect screens are only available in a manually operated version.
Please note that a ZOZ 228 installation kit is required for the installation of solar and electric operated awning blinds, for VELUX INTEGRA® windows produced before May 2000.