Why should I choose a Solar Blind?
VELUX solar powered blinds are a perfect match for VELUX manually operated roof windows and for VELUX INTEGRA® solar powered roof windows.
As the blind comes with a remote control and has a battery that is charged by the sun, it is also ideal for windows that are hard to reach or where you want to adjust the incoming light often enough for a more relaxed experience.
VELUX solar powered blinds can be charged using daylight and sunlight so are suitable for most areas of the home. There is no wiring required with the solar blind install.
Additional information and things to be considered when thinking about purchasing solar powered blinds
When thinking about purchasing a non-manual blind, there are several factors you may want to consider.
- Only genuine VELUX blinds are available with remote control operation. All Itzala blinds are manually operated.
- Remote controlled VELUX blinds are available in an electrically operated or solar operated version. Both are very practical as they allow you to adjust the blinds placement with ease, putting complete daylight control right at your fingertips. Remote control blinds are highly recommended for windows that are out-of-reach, in an extension or high up in a loft, and for windows where you expect to adjust the position of the blind often.
- Electrically operated blinds easily fit VELUX INTEGRA® electric roof windows, otherwise additional control system KUX 110 and ZOZ 241 wiring kit must be used. Solar powered blinds fit all manually operated VELUX roof windows and all solar powered VELUX INTEGRA® roof windows.
- Combining an external blind product with an internal Solar blind is not recommended as it may block the solar panel, meaning the internal blind would not work correctly.
- The remote control for the electrically operated blind is battery powered. The solar powered blind is powered by an energy-saving, solar-rechargeable battery, which is good for up to 600 operations even if there is no sun for recharging. Solar and Electric operated blinds are compatible with VELUX Active.
- Non-manual blinds are available in multiple versions:
- VELUX Blackout Roller Blinds and VELUX Blackout Energy Pleated Blinds are available in electrically operated or solar powered versions
- VELUX Translucent Roller Blinds are available in electrically operated or solar powered versions
- VELUX Anti-Heat Awning blinds are available in electrically operated or solar powered versions
- VELUX Translucent Pleated blinds are available in electrically operated versions only.
- VELUX Soft Shutters are available in solar powered versions only.
VELUX Duo Blackout Roller blinds, Venetian blinds and VELUX Insect screens are only available in a manually operated version.
Please note that a ZOZ 228 installation kit is required for the installation of solar and electric operated awning blinds, for VELUX INTEGRA® windows produced before May 2000.
In this short video you can quickly learn about VELUX blinds potential: