Options of selecting electrically powered blind depending on your roof window operation
- you can use your remote touch-screen control pad originally supplied with your VELUX INTEGRA® roof window
- an installation of electric powered blind is easy as VELUX INTEGRA® electric roof windows are made with pre-installed electrical components
- there is no need for any electrical wiring as it is already done for your VELUX INTEGRA® electric roof window
If you don't have an electrically powered VELUX INTEGRA® roof window, but you would like an electrically powered blind, you need to obtain the control system KUX 100. This will allow you to use the electrically powered VELUX blinds or shutters in manually operated roof windows. Or you can install the control system KMX 100 and turn your entire manually operated roof window into an automated one. The control system KMX 100 will allow you to operate multiple electrical products.
Both control systems include a VELUX remote control that will make the blind or shutter io-homecontrol® compatible. The control system KMX 100 also includes a rain sensor.
Additional information and things to be considered when thinking about purchasing electrically powered blinds
When thinking about purchasing a non-manual blind, there are a number of factors you may want to consider.
1. Only genuine VELUX blinds are available with remote control operation. All Itzala blinds are manually operated.
2. Remotelly controlled VELUX blinds are available in an electrically operated or solar operated version. Both are very practical as they allow you to adjust the blinds placement with ease, putting complete daylight control right at your fingertips. Remote control blinds are highly recommended for windows that are out-of-reach, in an extension or high up in a loft, and for windows where you expect to adjust the position of the blind often.
3. Electrically operated blinds easily fit VELUX INTEGRA® electric roof windows, otherwise additional control system KUX 100 has to be used. Solar powered blinds fit all manually operated VELUX roof windows and also all solar powered VELUX INTEGRA® roof windows.
4. Both types of blinds are remote controlled, but can, apart from the tilting feature on the electrically operated VELUX venetian blind, also be manually operated. The remote control for the electrically operated blind is battery powered. The solar powered blind is powered by an energy-saving, solar-rechargable battery, which is good for up to 600 operations even if there is no sun for recharging. Electrically operated blinds are also available with io-homecontrol® for intelligent features, such as scheduling.
5. Non-manual blinds are available in multiple versions:
- Blackout blinds and Blackout energy blinds are available in electrically operated or solar powered versions
- Roller blinds are available in electrically operated or solar powered versions
- Awning blinds are available in electrically operated or solar powered versions
- Roller shutters are available in electrically operated or solar powered versions
Pleated blinds, Duo blackout blinds, Venetian blinds, Roman blinds, Insect screens are only available in a manually operated version.
Please note that a ZOZ 228 installation kit is required for the installation of solar and electric operated awning blinds, for VELUX INTEGRA® windows produced before May 2000.